Respect At Work
October 5, 2023
Know your rights in the workplace! Join us for an informative workshop from the Migrant Workers Centre on Thursday, October 5th at 6:30pm.
- Rights in the workplace in BC
- Employment Standards Act & human rights law - responding to violations of employment standards including wages, overtime, paid sick leave
- How to file a complaint to the BC Human Rights Tribunal
- Legal definition & common examples of workplace sexual harassment
- Rights of individuals facing sexual harassment in the workplace
- A brief overview of other legal options and resources
- Assistance offered by the Respect at Work Legal Clinic
Juliana Cliplef (she/they) is a Staff Lawyer with the Migrant Workers Centre’s Respect at Work Legal Clinic, where she assists clients who have experienced workplace sexual harassment with their immigration, employment, and human rights concerns. In her immigration practice, she represents clients before the Federal Court of Canada and before all divisions of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, including as an enthusiastic member of Legal Aid BC’s Immigration Division duty counsel program. She is passionate about access to justice and strongly believes that the free movement of people across borders is a human right.