Immigrant Support and Settlement Services Information
We offer a wide range of settlement services in Dawson Creek. Our services include a variety of on-demand workshops on topics such as immigration, finance, Canadian culture and other topics.
We provide assistance and information for newcomers with:
- Filling out forms and applications such as
- Income Tax
- Child tax applications
- Employment Insurance
- Other government forms…
- English language classes
- Job search/resume skills
- Connecting with community services such as banks, schools, health care.
We can refer immigrants and newcomers for the following services:
- Assistance with immigration forms such as
- Family sponsorship
- Canadian citizenship
- BC Provincial Nominee Program
- Permanent residence
- Legal Services
- Crisis Support
- Assistance for temporary foreign workers and live-in-caregivers
**We understand that moving to Canada comes with challenges and surprises. If you find you are in a crisis situation you can contact us. If we are unable to help we can refer you to someone who can.
Throughout the year we offer special courses, classes, workshops and events.
- Citizenship prep classes
- Winter survival workshop
- Work permit application navigation
- LINC language assessments
- Cultural Education classes
- Financial Literacy workshops
Get on our lists
If you are interested in being notified about upcoming classes, let us know! We are happy to contact you by email, facebook, or phone to let you know when the class you are interested in is coming up.
Programs for Local Businesses
These training workshops are available on demand. We can also design custom workshops to suit your business needs free of charge.
- Introduction to Canada for new employees
- Intercultural communication/Diversity training for all staff members